A newly-created grant program of more than 110 million MATIC to help founders grow in the Polygon ecosystem. Explore the range of grant options, with more to be unlocked soon.
Village Community Grants
Powered by Quadratic Funding, community grants are here to give your project the rocket fuel it needs. It's not just about the cash; it's about building a strong community behind your project.
BUIDL on Polygon #1
BUIDL on Polygon #1 is the first Quadratic Funding grant campaign running on Polygon PoS that aims to reward creators, builders and projects that contribute to the growth and well-being of the Polygon ecosystem. The campaign, open to all web3 use cases and topics, involves the following phases:
- Submission of project data and KYC/KYB procedure
- Community contest on Jokerace to establish the list of participants
- Onboarding on the Giveth platform and carrying out the donation campaign
- Calculation of matching funds based on donations received
- Distribution of the grant
The duration of the campaign is approximately 8 weeks.
Infra on Polygon
INFRA on Polygon is a grant campaign that funds teams developing infra in the Polygon ecosystem.
Focus areas include: core client teams, staking infrastructure and tooling, tooling providers, security researchers, EIPs, account abstraction, and more. The project must be open source, at least three months old, and in active development on Polygon PoS, Polygon zkEVM and using Polygon CDK-developed app-chains.
Total campaign duration: 8-10 weeks
Village Build Ideas Grants
Choose an idea and start building. As you hit project milestones, you unlock grant support to fuel your development.
Village Build Ideas
The Village Build Ideas program is where innovation meets funding. We curate a list of startup ideas, and if you find one that aligns with your vision, we provide grant funding as you make progress.
Village Build Ideas Grants are disbursed based on project milestones. As you reach these milestones, you unlock the financial support you need to turn your ideas into reality.
“Quadratic Funding (QF) is a crowd-funding mechanism that amplifies available resources by inviting community members to make donations (big or small) that act as votes on where to allocate funds. The broader the support, the bigger the match!” (wtfisqf by Gitcoin)
The Village Grants page is the go-to page for anyone looking for a Polygon Village grant. The page lists the current, upcoming and past grant rounds.
Each quadratic funding (QF) grant round:
• Subject to round rules, is open to anyone building in the Polygon ecosystem that meets the requirements of the round, from creators to projects.
• Has an estimated duration of approximately 8-10 weeks, from application to deployment of funds.
• Is powered by a quadratic funding partner such as Gitcoin or Giveth.
Each quadratic funding (QF) campaign is divided into four phases:
•Application and screening: Applicants submit their details, including their wallet address, to apply to become grant candidates. Following review of the applications and wallet screening, applicants approved to become candidates will be asked to complete a KYC/KYB review process. Candidates who successfully pass the KYC/KYB review will proceed to the next stage.
• Community contest: In collaboration with Jokerace, candidates will compete for votes from the community. Top projects will move on the the next grant phase (following campaign guidelines)
• Grant phase: Powered by a specified QF platform (such as Gitcoin or Giveth), candidates will receive donations from community members over a 2-week period.
• Verification of valid donations: All donations made will be verified before the algorithmic calculation of the funds. Once verification is complete, both donated amounts and grant round QF matching funds will be distributed to participants.
• Subject to round rules, QF rounds are open to anyone building in the Polygon ecosystem.
• It is mandatory to build in the Polygon ecosystem.
• It is mandatory to follow the guidelines and specifications of the campaign you wish to participate in.
• It is mandatory to complete and successfully pass the KYC/KYB review process to receive donations and matching funds.
• Choose the campaign to participate in (projects should choose only one campaign per round. In the case of double registration, one of the two will be automatically canceled).
• Complete the application form, accept the T&Cs, and undergo a wallet screening.
• If approved to become a grant candidate, complete KYC/KYB procedures.
• If verified, participate in the community contest on Jokerace to win a place in the grant phase.
You will find all upcoming Village Community QF grant campaigns on the Polygon Village Grants page.
The community grant program will be available for all projects, at any stage of development and of any type, whether DeFi (with bigger plans – stay tuned), app chains, gaming, infra, social, or any other. The program is funded with more than 110 million in MATIC. These grants will be carried out in many ways:
• Direct grants from Polygon Foundation mainly for later stage projects, up to two million MATIC per grant
• Quadratic funding grants mainly for early stage projects. Learn more here