Last updated : March 1, 2023
2. Polygon Network
You acknowledge and agree that (a) we are not responsible for the operation of the blockchain-based software and protocols underlying the Polygon Network; (b) we do not have possession, custody, or control over any crypto-asset on the Polygon Network (other than crypto-assets that we hold for ourselves); (c) we do not have possession, custody, or control over any of your funds as when you interact with the Polygon Network you retain complete control over your crypto-assets at all times; (d) we cannot and do not guarantee the functionality, security, or availability of the Polygon Network; (e) the technology on which the Polygon Network relies may be subject to sudden changes and we cannot and do not guarantee that your access to the Polygon Network will be uninterrupted or error free or your crypto-assets will be secure at all times; and (f) there may be non-refundable gas fees associated with transactions on the Polygon Network. You assume all risks associated with engaging in transactions on the Polygon Network.
When using certain Services, you may be subject to additional terms applicable to such Services that may be posted on or within the Services or the Site associated with such Services.
4. Authorized Uses
5. Changes to the Services or the Site
We may modify or discontinue the Services or access to the Site at any time without notice to you.
6. Your Responsibilities
7. Intellectual Property Rights
- violate any applicable laws or regulations through your access to or use of the Services or the Site;
- exploit the Services or the Site for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- harvest or otherwise collect information from the Services or the Site for any unauthorized purpose;
- use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use or enjoyment of the Site;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Services or the Site or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Services or the Site except to the extent applicable law does not allow this restriction or such rights have been expressly granted to you under a separate license;
- sublicense, sell, or otherwise distribute the Services or the Site, or any portion thereof;
- use any data mining tools, robots, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to scrape or otherwise remove data from the Services or the Site;
- use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Services or the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server(s) on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site; or
- attack the Services or the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Polygon Labs’ Trademarks
Polygon Labs’ graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Polygon Labs (the “Polygon Marks”). All other trademarks not owned by Polygon Labs that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Polygon Labs. Any use of Polygon Marks are subject to the terms described in the Polygon Brand Guidelines.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions for improvement to the Services and the Site (“Feedback”). We will try to review your Feedback, but are not obligated to release any modifications or improvements you submit to us based on your Feedback. Please note that we will own all right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback you submit. You represent and warrant that (a) you and your licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to your Feedback; and (b) you will not violate any intellectual property or other rights of third parties in providing Feedback to us.
Linking to the Site and Social Media Features
You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
Links from the Site
If the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you are obligated to indemnify us, then you agree that we will have the right, in our sole discretion, to control any action or proceeding and to determine whether we wish to settle, and if so, on what terms, and you agree to fully cooperate with us in the defense or settlement of such Claim.
THE SERVICES AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, OR TO THE EXTENT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED, LIMITED OR WAIVED, NEITHER WE NOR ANY OTHER POLYGON LABS PARTY MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE REGARDING THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, AND THE POLYGON LABS PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES (A) OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT, (B) ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OR TRADE, (C) THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND (D) THAT ANY CONTENT OR ASSETS WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR ALTERED.
10. Limitations of Liability
Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BRING CLASS ACTION AND REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PARTIES EACH AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDING TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM, OR CONTROVERSY WILL BE BROUGHT AND CONDUCTED ONLY IN THE RESPECTIVE PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS PART OF ANY CLASS (OR PURPORTED CLASS), CONSOLIDATED, MULTIPLE PLAINTIFF, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING (“CLASS ACTION”). THE PARTIES AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS ACTION. THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY ABILITY TO MAINTAIN A CLASS ACTION IN ANY FORUM. IF THE DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY IS SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION, THE ARBITRATOR WILL NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO COMBINE OR AGGREGATE CLAIMS, CONDUCT A CLASS ACTION, OR MAKE AN AWARD TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY NOT A PARTY TO THE ARBITRATION. FURTHER, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE PROCEEDINGS FOR MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND IT MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CLASS ACTION. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, HOWEVER, YOU CAN SEEK PUBLIC INJUNCTIVE RELIEF TO THE EXTENT AUTHORIZED BY LAW. IF THIS CLASS ACTION WAIVER IS LIMITED, VOIDED, OR FOUND UNENFORCEABLE, THEN, UNLESS THE PARTIES MUTUALLY AGREE OTHERWISE, THE PARTIES’ AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE WILL BE DEEMED NULL AND VOID WITH RESPECT TO SUCH PROCEEDING SO LONG AS THE PROCEEDING IS PERMITTED TO PROCEED AS A CLASS ACTION. IF A COURT DECIDES THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS PARAGRAPH ARE DEEMED INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, ANY PUTATIVE CLASS, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION MUST BE BROUGHT IN A COURT OF PROPER JURISDICTION AND NOT IN ARBITRATION.
Independent Contractors; Non-Exclusive Rights
No Professional Advice; No Fiduciary Duties
All information provided on or through the Services or the Site is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any action based on any information contained in the Services or on the Site. Before you make any financial, legal, or other decisions involving the Services or the Site, you should seek independent professional advice from an individual who is licensed and qualified in the area for which such advice would be appropriate.