Last updated : March 1, 2023
1. What information do we receive from you or collect?
Information You Give Us
The information we receive from you depends on the specific information you choose to give us. You may choose to give us that information in various contexts, such as filling out a form; participating in a contest, promotion, event or other activity; requesting support; posting messages in forums; and signing up for email alerts and newsletters. The type of information you choose to give us may include:
- Identity Information. First and last name, username, profile picture, and other identifiers you give us.
- Contact Information. Email address and any other contact information you provide us.
- Marketing Information. Your preferences, including preferences for receiving marketing communications from us and how you interact with our marketing communications.
- User Communications. Personal opinions and information you share with us when you contact us with questions, ask for support, provide Feedback, respond to surveys, or any other information you provide to us directly or indirectly through your interactions with us.
- Social Media Information. Your unique handle or identifier and other profile information when you interact with us through Twitter, Discord, Slack, Telegram or other channels.
Information Collected Automatically
We make a concerted effort to limit the information we collect about you through automated means. We may, however, automatically collect certain limited types of information when you access, use, or interact with the Services or the Site, such as:
- Device Data. Device data including device type (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet), browser type and version, and operating system and version for the limited purpose of debugging front end issues.
- Blockchain Data. Public blockchain data including blockchain addresses and crypto-asset transaction information related to those blockchain addresses.
- Aggregate Data. Analytics about aggregate numbers of users and usage types (i.e., number of page views, event counts, and aggregate acquisition metrics), and information such as how many users in the aggregate are using certain protocols with assistance of Services; and aggregate location data across users including countries and regions from which users access the Services or the Site.
Information from Third Parties
We may receive additional information about you from third parties we work with (including, contractors, project partners, service providers, and analytics providers). This information may be combined with other information you provide to us or that we automatically collect.
2. How We Use Information
We use information about you to:
- Enable you to access and use certain Services or features of the Site.
- Provide and deliver products, Services, or experiences you have requested.
- Maintain and improve the Services or the Site.
- Personalize your experience with the Services and the Site.
- Facilitate events and provide information to you about events.
- Send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative communications.
- Provide support for the Services including resolving issues and responding to your questions and Feedback.
- Comply with law if we have a legal obligation to collect, use or retain information about you or comply with legal requests like subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Be responsive to you, to provide you effective Services, and to maintain our business relationship with you and others.
- Market and promote certain Services, offerings, events, or experiences to you.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate fraudulent, abusive, or harmful activities.
- Analyze usage trends and determine efficacy of promotional or marketing campaigns.
We may use or share information about you with your consent, such as when you allow us to post your testimonials or endorsements of the Services in any medium including Twitter, you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information, or you opt in to receive marketing communications from us or third parties.
3. How We Share Information
Transactions Involving Third Parties
We may share information about you with individuals and entities that provide services to us or help us operate the Services or the Site, such as marketing, event hosting, logistics planning, analytics, email delivery, and database management services, as well as other professional service providers, such as financial institutions, law firms, accounting firms, insurers, and auditors in the course of providing services to us.
We may share information with third parties when we enter into a business transaction, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, or a sale or transfer of all or part of our organization or assets.
Protection of Us and Others
With Your Consent
You may permit us to share your information with other entities or individuals of your choosing. Those uses will also be subject to the privacy policies of the entities or individuals receiving the information.
4. Location of Information
5. Access, Deletion, and Choice
If you need to update or delete certain information about you or your interactions with the Services or the Site, you can contact us for assistance.
You may have choices about the collection and use of information about you. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use certain Services or access certain features of the Site.
- Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe or adjust your communication preferences.
For additional information related to certain jurisdictions, see Section 9 below.
6. Children’s Information
The Services and the Site are intended for users who are 18 years of age or older.
7. Retention of Information
8. Contact Us, Notices, and Revisions
Polygon Labs UI (Cayman) Ltd.
10 Market Street
Camana Bay, Cayman Islands KY19006
If you interact with the Services or access the Site on behalf of or through your organization, then your information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
9. Additional Information for Certain Jurisdictions
If you are a California resident, you have certain additional rights with respect to personal information about you under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
We are required to inform you of:
- What categories of information we may collect about you, including during the preceding 12 months: See the section “What information do we receive from you or collect.”
- The purposes for which we may use your personal information, including during the preceding 12 months: See the section “How we use information.”
- The purposes for which we may share your personal information, including during the preceding 12 months: See the section “How do we share information.”
- In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold any personal information of consumers.
You have the right to request to know: (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (ii) the specific pieces of personal information we have about you; (iii) the categories of sources from which that personal information was collected; (iv) the categories of your personal information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months, if applicable; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your personal information, if applicable. These rights are subject to limitations as described in the relevant law. We may deny your request if we need to do so to comply with our legal rights or obligations.
We will not discriminate against any user for exercising their CCPA rights.
You may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. To protect your information, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request, including by collecting additional information to verify your identity, such as government issued identification documents. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected personal information. We will only use the personal information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify your identity and request a signed document from your agent that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your personal information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent who does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see “Contact us” section)
European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland
If you are a data subject in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights with respect to your personal data pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“GDPR”) and similar laws. This section applies to you.
We process your personal data in reliance on the legal bases below. Where the purpose of processing is:
- To provide and improve our Services and the Site: We process your personal data as necessary to perform the contract under which we provide our Services to you or to allow you to access our Site.
- To comply with the law: We process your personal data as necessary to comply with applicable laws and our legal obligations.
- With your consent: We process certain of your personal data with your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time in the manner indicated when you provided consent to the collection of your personal data through your interactions with the Services or the Site.
You may: (i) ask whether we have any personal data about you and request a copy of such personal data; (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data; (iii) request that we delete your personal data; (iv) request a portable copy of your personal data; (v) request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if such processing is inappropriate; and (vi) object to our processing of your personal data. These rights are subject to applicable law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see “Contact Us” section above). To protect your information, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request, including by collecting additional information to verify your identity, such as government issued identification documents.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your requests regarding your personal data, please Contact Us above. You may also lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Transfers outside of the EEA