Polygon Supernets are the fast-track for blockchain adoption in new private and public networks for dApps and enterprises alike.
Polygon Supernets uses powerful Polygon Edge as the configurable infrastructure solution in a highly secure and decentralized environment.
Higher security and decentralization
Validators verify all the transactions on Supernets
Validators stake MATIC tokens on the mainnet before validating the network
Any validator misbehavior is met with instant repercussions on the amount staked
Powered by Polygon Edge
Interoperable with other EVM compatible blockchains
Modes of Supernets
Polygon Supernet can operate in different modes, tailor-made for your needs
Validated by professional validators who stake in order to validate your Supernet
Scale your Supernet even more using ZK-rollups
An open platform where existing solutions can be deployed and new ones created
Ability to have a decentralized PoS network that you don’t have to maintain yourself
Achieve decentralization and high security from day one, with staking from professional validators
High performance & scalability of Enterprise / dApp Networks running on the highly performant Polygon Edge infrastructure
Reward schedule for professional validators securing your Supernet
Gas-efficient bridging to Polygon/Ethereum
Configurable checkpointing to Polygon or Ethereum Mainnet, for extra security
Shared benefits: Blockexplorer for all Edge networks Infura or Alchemy-like RPC for all Edge networks Cross-chain bridging between Edge networks which require it
And we are constantly thinking of more...
Implementing Polygon Supernets results in the numbers mentioned below. *provided sample TPS stats are indicative only .1000+ of TPS are achievable with more powerful validate node specs.
- Polygon Supernets powered by Edge enables you to quickly set up a custom, high performing blockchain network.
- Helps you bootstrap decentralized validator sets quickly with our professional validator partners.
- Supernets program provides access to premium tools and services.
What are the additional benefits with Supernets?
- Premium support capable of troubleshooting infrastructure and code issues
- Access to premium 3rd party tools/platforms that might otherwise be unavailable
- Infrastructure set up
- Always up-to-date with the latest security updates
- Minimal (or no) gas fees
- Built in bridging with other Ethereum compatible blockchains
- 3rd party consulting and engineering services to accelerate launch, with the possibility of cost being covered by the grant
- Support for private blockchains
What challenges do Supernets solve in bootstrapping the blockchain network?
Supernets makes it easy to bootstrap network by solving for below activities:
- You do not have to find professional validators for your network to incentivize them in order to achieve security and decentralization on your own.
- The long and strenuous process of deploying and closing the deals on secondary blockchain infrastructure
- In-house expertise in monitoring / maintaining / validating a blockchain network
How do I launch my own Polygon Supernet powered by Polygon Edge?
The launch process is orchestrated through a series of smart contracts to which professional validators need to stake and the generation of the Genesis block. To start this orchestration process, please apply through the form and tell us more about your project and use-case.
Do I need a dedicated engineering team to run and maintain a Polygon Supernet?
No, one of the benefits of Polygon Supernets is that you don’t need in-house SRE and DevOps expertise with blockchain networks. All the validators are hosted by different companies and individuals who offer professional blockchain validation services, a majority of them being the current validators of the Polygon PoS Mainnet.
What is the difference between Sovereign and Shared-security Polygon Supernets?
Sovereign Supernets are validated by a set of validators belonging to a single professional validator.
Shared-security Supernets are run by multiple validators who are all held individually liable by the staked MATIC on Ethereum for properly validating your Supernet chain. This gives you high-security as well as a network that is decentralized.
What kind of dApps and smart contracts can I deploy on a Polygon Supernet?
Any Smart Contract or dApp written for the Ethereum compatible networks, either in Solidity, Vyper or other languages can be deployed to a Polygon Supernet.
How do I find validators for my network?
The process of finding the validators for your network is facilitated by Polygon, from the pool of existing Polygon Mainnet validators. Once the needed number of validator is coordinated, the staking process can start and your Polygon Supernet is up and running.
Do I have to pay validators to validate my network?
No, the validators are incentivized by MATIC rewards operated by Polygon.
How high are the costs associated with hosting and validating a Polygon Supernet?
There are no hosting and validation costs associated with Polygon Supernets.
Is there a possibility of transferring funds to/from another blockchain?
Yes, Polygon Supernets support a range of different bridge technologies. Apply for a Supernet to learn more about the supported cross-chain bridges.
What are the usage constraints of Supernets?
- EVM compatible, no other runtime is supported
- Gas currency must be the newly created native currency of the Supernets (like ETH for Ethereum)
- Supernets are not designed to allow end-users to deploy their own arbitrary smart contracts as they would on the mainnet, the only smart contracts are your own.
- All validators must stake a minimum of 20.000 MATIC on Ethereum mainnet in order to be validating the network
- The validator MATIC rewards are envisioned to be decreasing over time, while your network is slowly expected to achieve on-chain rewards