Sign Up for the DevX Global Tour APAC Hackathon
Do you have that je ne sais quoi X factor to change Web3? Of course you do, so come prove it at our Asia-Pacific-centered hackathon! It’s time to test your talent against the best in the region.
Register now for the May 1 kickoff of the DevX Global Tour APAC Hackathon! *(See terms and conditions below.)
- Hack Begins: May 1, 2023 | 00:00 AM GMT+8
- Submission Deadline: May 21, 2023 | 11:59 PM GMT+8
As the first hackathon in the DevX Global Tour, we’re going face-to-face and peer-to-peer with builders like you, all over the world! DevX Global Tour kicked off in the APAC region–check out Hong Kong highlights–with on-going IRL Guild events from Tokyo to Taipei, and many more.
The APAC hackathon boasts $125k in total bounties from Polygon Labs and other sponsors. Push the limits of your imagination, show up to build, and come out the otherside with a killer dApp that will conquer the future.
All the Deets
Big visions meet big opportunities. DevX Global Tour APAC Hackathon is YOUR chance to learn and build in public, collaborate with other devs, and grab ~prize money~ alongside marketing support.
The top five projects get invited to an in-person demo day at a select APAC city, where devs can talk to investors, ecosystem movers and shakers, and find mentors to supercharge their project!
Other perks for winners include:
- Deep dive on your product idea with the Polygon Labs business development team
- Product growth strategies with the product management team
- Access to an extensive investor ecosystem
- Solution engineering support
- Village Vouchers from top Polygon Ecosystem Solution Providers
- AND: the opportunity to participate closely with Polygon Ecosystem projects
After a few weeks of hacking, it’s time to submit what you’ve built! Hackathon tracks, with projects built either for Polygon zkEVM or the Polygon PoS network, include:
- Application Layer Track: Builders gonna build. For the best of any category of dApp (DeFi, gaming, whatever) built for Polygon zkEVM or the Polygon PoS network. Projects should address a specific user need and use multiple technologies together, like Polygon ID for Sybil resistant identities, Oracles, and etc.
- Tooling & Public Goods Track: Build public goods and tools for the entire ecosystem, on Polygon zkEVM or Polygon PoS network.
- zkEVM Tooling Track: Build complex tooling for Polygon zkEVM, such as interoperability or bridge features. Showcase technical expertise and creativity to solve challenging problems in a multi-chain environment.
- Specific Problem Statements Track: Build to fix a problem defined by the Polygon Labs team (available soon to registered hackers), with feasibility shown on Polygon zkEVM or the Polygon PoS network.
Judges include all-stars like Polygon Labs co-founders Sandeep Nailwal and Jordi Baylina, as well as Web3 gurus representing our esteemed sponsors.
Judging criteria will be announced during registration, so keep your eyes 👀 on this space.
DevX Global Tour APAC Hackathon is possible thanks to our partners:
So what’re you waiting for? Are you DeveloperX? Sign up today!
Developers from the following countries are eligible to participate in the DevX Global Tour APAC Hackathon: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Iraq, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, and Vietnam; provided that the list of eligible countries may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Polygon Labs, and any country that is the subject of sanctions will not be eligible. A national ID may be required for KYC when disbursing prizes.
A team can have a maximum of 4 members (with minimum one member from APAC region - Excluding India).
Together, we can build an equitable future for all through the mass adoption of Web3!