Announcing the Hackathon Winners of Polygon Bootcamp Africa
Polygon is pleased to announce the hackathon winners of Polygon Bootcamp Africa 2022, launched in partnership with Nigerian startup Xend Finance.
Developers in Africa showed up in a big way for Polygon’s first continent-wide bootcamp and hackathon combo: more than 5,400 applications were received from 43 countries for two tracks, Beginner and Master.
Eight weeks later, the stats are in:
- 2,700 applicants moved onto the coaching and mentoring educational phase
- 412 teams submitted projects during a two-week-long hackathon
- $60,000 set aside for the best projects, as well as important networking opportunities, access to Polygon’s accelerator program, and more opportunities to find funding.
The bootcamp culminated with a Hackathon Winners Livestream on Dec.19, a must-watch celebration of developers.
To all the participants who spent hours honing the skills they need to build a more decentralized, creator-centric future on Polygon: thank you. A big shout-out for the time and commitment you put into this program. Polygon is playing its part in supporting the builders of the future: from India to Asia-Pacific, and now Africa. The future web is decentralized, built with the most performant Ethereum scaling solutions, and on the Polygon network.
So please help us congratulate the winning hackathon projects!
🥇1st prize: Fleep Finance
- A Layer-2 dApp focussed on increasing Web3 adoption in Africa by educating, incentivizing, and localizing DeFi.
🥈2nd overall prize: EcoCycle
- A waste recycling-focused service that seeks to reward and empower, especially in Africa, through the effective use of tokenomics.
🥉3rd overall prize: Bacon.io
- dApp that provides users with the tools to manage their finances on the blockchain without the need for a trusted third party.
The 10 runner-up beginner projects:
- Tender Safi
The top three beginner projects will take home $5,000, $3,000 and $2,000, respectively, while the 10 runner-ups will receive $500 each.
🥇1st prize: CryptoMomo
- A USSD-based service that allows the transfer of digital tokens and assets based on a phone number.
🥈2nd overall prize: Bitkopa
- Bitkopa offers crypto-backed loans for local fiat.
🥉3rd overall prize: Jamit FM - Podcast 3.0 Protocol
- A Podcast hosting platform on the blockchain.
The 15 runner-up mastery projects:
- Coinramp Network
The top three mastery projects will take home $10,000, $7,000 and $5,000, respectively, and the next 15 runner-ups will receive $750 each.
If you’ve missed the bootcamp, don’t worry! You can find a Polygon Guild near you, become a part of our community and grow with it. Tune in to our Blog and subscribe to our social channels for the latest ecosystem updates.
Together, we can build an equitable future for all through mass adoption of Web3!
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Studios Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn